Jan 31 (Reuters) – Decades-high inflation and eVdEn EVe NakliyAt the impact of war in Ukraine have forced companies across Europe into lay-offs or hiring freezes.
Here are some of the companies that have announced cuts:
AIRLINES, AUTOS, TRAVEL * AIR FRANCE: France’s flagship carrier was in talks to shed nearly 300 ground-staff positions through voluntary redundancies, newspaper Le Figaro reported in June.* FINNAIR: the Finnish airline said on Nov. If you liked this short article and you would certainly like to get additional facts pertaining to EvdEn EvE NAKliYAT kindly see our own page. 21 it would cut about 150 jobs, of which 90 in its home country, as part of a plan to return to profitability. * MICHELIN: the tire maker said in December it planned to cut up to 1,600 jobs in France, fewer than the 2,300 estimated in its initial voluntary redundancy plan as it seeks to safeguard production. * STELLANTIS: the world’s fourth largest carmaker indefinitely laid off an unspecified number of workers at its stamping plant in Michigan in mid-June to mitigate supply chain impacts.
INDUSTRIALS AND ENGINEERING * ALFA LAVAL: the Swedish engineering group in late October launched restructuring drive at its energy and marine units affecting around 500 employees.
* HUSQVARNA: the garden equipment and tools maker announced in late October it would cut 1,000 jobs, the vast majority of them related to the shift from petrol to battery-powered tools. * KONE: the Finnish elevator maker said on Jan. 26 it would reduce headcount by 1,000, of with 150 in Finland.
* SIEMENS GAMESA: the Spanish wind turbine maker in late September said it planned to cut 2,900 jobs, mostly in Europe, EVDeN EVe nAkliyAT as part of a plan to return to profitability. * VALMET: Valmet launched negotiations in May for temporary layoffs at its valve factory in Helsinki of up to three months, affecting about 340 employees, eVDen Eve NaKliyaT due to reduced orders caused by the war and China’s COVID-19 restrictions.
FOOD, GENERAL RETAILERS AND CONSUMER GOODS * AHOLD DELHAIZE: the Dutch supermarket company said on Dec.
8 it planned to cut around 300 jobs at its online subsidiary Bol.com as part of a restructuring campaign. * CLAS OHLSON: the Swedish hardware store chain said in December it would cut about 85 full-time jobs amongst other measures to deliver cost savings and reduced depreciation. * H&M: the Swedish fashion giant, which employs roughly 155,000 people, said in November it would cut some 1,500 jobs as part of a 2 billion crown ($189.5 million) savings drive.
* ICA GRUPPEN: the Swedish retailer said in December it would cut about 200 jobs due to rising costs, inflation and decreases in disposable income to save some 1 billion crowns annually. * GETIR: the Turkish fast grocery delivery firm said in late May it planned to cut 14% of its staff globally due to rising inflation and costs, a source told Reuters.
* SALMAR: the Norwegian fish farmer in November announced temporary layoffs of 851 employees as the Norwegian government plans to hike taxes on salmon farms to aid its fight with inflation. * HENKEL: EvdEN EvE NaKliyAt the German company behind Schwarzkopf said in early May it would cut about 2,000 positions due to low demand for its products, as well as rising costs and global supply chain issues.
BANKS AND FINANCIALS * KLARNA: Dagens Industri reported in May the Swedish payments company would lay off about 10% of its 7,000 employees.* MONTE DEI PASCHI DI SIENA: the Italian state-owned bank agreed with unions to cut 4,125 staff, out of a total of 21,015, by the end of 2022 through a costly, voluntary early retirement scheme.
TECH * PHILIPS: the Dutch medical equipment maker on Jan. 30 said it would cut 6,000 jobs to counter falling sales and after a massive recall of its respiratory machines.
* SINCH: the Swedish cloud communications company said in October it would lay off 150 staff, almost 4% of its workforce, as it targets gross savings of at least 300 million crowns per year. * SAP: the German software company said on Jan. 26 it planned to cut 3,000 jobs, 2.5% of its global workforce, to cut costs and focus on its cloud business.
* VODAFONE: the British telecom group plans to shed several hundred jobs, most of which are located at its London headquarters, as part of cost-saving measures announced in November, the Financial Times reported on Jan. 13, EvDen EvE NakliyaT citing people briefed on the discussions.
OTHER * BASF: the German chemicals maker in October announced a new savings program that will include an undisclosed number of job cuts, and later said its European operations needed to be “permanently” reduced.* TAYLOR WIMPEY: the British housebuilder said on Jan. 13 it was considering job cuts to keep a lid on costs, but did not specify the number of potential job cuts. Source: Regulatory filings, Reuters stories and company websites ($1 = 10.4142 Swedish crowns) ($1 = 0.9222 euros) (Compiled by Agata Rybska and Louise Breusch Rasmussen in Gdansk; Editing by Alexander Smith and Milla Nissi)
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Paper Helper has assembled a team of highly skilled writers with diverse experience in the online writing circles. Our aim is to become a one stop shop for all your Academic/ online writing. Check out below our amazing service!
At Paper Helper, we prioritize on all aspects that creates a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism, and conformance to guidelines. The principal purpose of essay writing is to present the author's evaluation concerning a singular subject about which they have made. Since Professionalism is the mother of every success, try our team of experienced writers in helping you complete your essays and other assignments.
You have been trying to join that prestigious institution you long yearned for, but the hurdle of an admission essay has become a stumbling block. We have your back, with our proven team that has gained invaluable experience over time, your chance of joining that institution is now! Just let us work on that essay.How do you write an admission essay? How do you begin the essay? For answers, try Quality Custom Writers Now!
Editing and Proofreading
Regardless of whether you're pleased with your composing abilities, it's never an impractical notion to have a second eye go through your work. The best editing services leaves no mistake untouched. We recognize the stuff needed to polish up a writing; as a component of our editing and proofreading, we'll change and refine your write up to guarantee it's amazing, and blunder free. Our group of expert editors will examine your work, giving an impeccable touch of English while ensuring your punctuation and sentence structures are top-notch.
We pride ourselves in having a team of clinical writers. The stringent and rigorous vetting process ensures that only the best persons for job. We hire qualified PhD and MA writers only. We equally offer our team of writers bonuses and incentives to motivate their working spirit in terms of delivering original, unique, and informative content. They are our resources drawn from diverse fields. Therefore your technical paper is in the right hands. Every paper is assessed and only the writers with the technical know-how in that field get to work on it.
College Essay Writing
If all along you have been looking for a trustworthy college essay service provider that provides superb academic papers at reasonable prices, then be glad that you search has ended with us. We are your best choice! Get high-quality college essay writing from our magnificent team of knowledgeable and dedicated writers right now!
Quality Assignment/Homework Help
We give the students premium quality assignments, without alarming them with plagiarism and referencing issues. We ensure that the assignments stick to the rules given by the tutors. We are specific about the deadlines you give us. We assure you that you will get your papers well in advance, knowing that you will review and return it if there are any changes, which should be incorporated.