Biology 108 Biodiversity Fi.nal Ex.am
Pick two groups (1, 2, 3, …) of questions each from three of the four sections (A, B, C, D) below. Copy the questions to a text file and provide the answer right below each question. Your total page count should be no more than 1.5 pages. Keep the font to no smaller than 12 point.
needs to be done in 10 hours
A. Threats to Biodiversity: Biological Impacts of Global Warming
1) What effect does elevated atmospheric CO2 have on the amount of the CO2 dissolved in the ocean’s waters? When CO2 levels change in the ocean what happens to the acidity of the oceans? What effects does elevated acidity have on certain groups of ocean life? Which types of organisms are most effected and why?
2) What is an organism’s climate envelope? What are the three possible responses by a plant or animal population in area where average yearly temperatures are moving outside the optimum of its climate envelope?
3) What is the difference between acclimatization and adaptation? How does this relate to the effects of global warming on biodiversity?
4) What is asynchronous dispersal? What negative consequences could asynchronous dispersal have for biodiversity?
5) What type of range shifts have we already seen in plants and animals that may be a result of global warming? Why are range shift problematic for some mountain top species?
6) What effects could global warming have on the life cycle timing of organisms? What are some examples where we have already seen changes in life cycle timing in birds and plants?
7) Are there any examples of organisms that have already lost habitat due to global warming? If the planet continues to warm, what other types of habitat may be lost and why?
8) How does global warming affect the sighting of future conservation reserves and how might it affect current reserves?
B. Species Level Conservation
1) What is the relationship between population size and extinction risk? What is the mechanism(s) of this relationship?
2) What are the demographic extinction risk factors in a small population? What are the genetic extinction risks in a small population? Explain the steps in an extinction vortex?
3) What factors can decrease the size of a population? Provide examples.
4) What is the link between the factors that decrease the size of a population and the population dynamics of a plant or animal population?
5) What factors might you mange that would have an effect on the parameters of a BIDE model? Include a real word example.
6) What is a population viability analysis (PVA)? What is the relationship between a PVA and a species recovery plan?
C. Community Level Conservation
1) Based on the concepts of landscape ecology, what are some basic guidelines of good conservation reserve design?
2) Describe, the core, buffer and transition model of reserve design. What is the function of each of these three components?
3) What is a gap analysis? How is a Gap analysis useful for community level conservation?
4) What is a landscape corridor? Why are they an important tool in conservation biology?
D. Protected Areas and Sustainable Development
1) How much of the planet does the IUCN consider protected? Of that how much is protected in their category 1 to 4 level?
2) Why are federal lands uniquely suited for biodiversity conservations? What are the geographic constraints on using federal lands to protect biodiversity?
3) What is an indicator species? What is a flagship species? How are these species used to protect other species?
4) What is community-based conservation?
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Paper Helper has assembled a team of highly skilled writers with diverse experience in the online writing circles. Our aim is to become a one stop shop for all your Academic/ online writing. Check out below our amazing service!
At Paper Helper, we prioritize on all aspects that creates a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism, and conformance to guidelines. The principal purpose of essay writing is to present the author's evaluation concerning a singular subject about which they have made. Since Professionalism is the mother of every success, try our team of experienced writers in helping you complete your essays and other assignments.
You have been trying to join that prestigious institution you long yearned for, but the hurdle of an admission essay has become a stumbling block. We have your back, with our proven team that has gained invaluable experience over time, your chance of joining that institution is now! Just let us work on that essay.How do you write an admission essay? How do you begin the essay? For answers, try Quality Custom Writers Now!
Editing and Proofreading
Regardless of whether you're pleased with your composing abilities, it's never an impractical notion to have a second eye go through your work. The best editing services leaves no mistake untouched. We recognize the stuff needed to polish up a writing; as a component of our editing and proofreading, we'll change and refine your write up to guarantee it's amazing, and blunder free. Our group of expert editors will examine your work, giving an impeccable touch of English while ensuring your punctuation and sentence structures are top-notch.
We pride ourselves in having a team of clinical writers. The stringent and rigorous vetting process ensures that only the best persons for job. We hire qualified PhD and MA writers only. We equally offer our team of writers bonuses and incentives to motivate their working spirit in terms of delivering original, unique, and informative content. They are our resources drawn from diverse fields. Therefore your technical paper is in the right hands. Every paper is assessed and only the writers with the technical know-how in that field get to work on it.
College Essay Writing
If all along you have been looking for a trustworthy college essay service provider that provides superb academic papers at reasonable prices, then be glad that you search has ended with us. We are your best choice! Get high-quality college essay writing from our magnificent team of knowledgeable and dedicated writers right now!
Quality Assignment/Homework Help
We give the students premium quality assignments, without alarming them with plagiarism and referencing issues. We ensure that the assignments stick to the rules given by the tutors. We are specific about the deadlines you give us. We assure you that you will get your papers well in advance, knowing that you will review and return it if there are any changes, which should be incorporated.