Week 2 Discussions and Required Resources
Part 1 and Part 2 must be at least 150 – 200 words unless otherwise
Part 1: Graphical Analysis Techniques
There are strengths and weaknesses to graphical analysis research techniques. For this discussion, begin by reviewing the technique of graphical analysis in your textbook. Then, keeping this technique in mind, read the following quotes:
· “Errors using inadequate data are much less than those using no data at all.”—Charles Babbage
· “Statistics is the science of variation.”—Douglas M. Bates (1985)
· “All models are wrong, but some models are useful.”—George E. P. Box (1979)
· The greatest moments are those when you see the result pop up in a graph or in your statistics analysis – that moment you realize you know something no one else does and you get the pleasure of thinking about how to tell them.—Emily Oster
Also consider the following ways to make a graph misleading from Misleading Graphs – http://passyworldofmathematics.com/misleading-graphs/ (Passy, 2012):
· “Vertical scale is too big or too small.
· Vertical axis skips numbers, or does not start at zero.
· Graph is not labeled properly.
· Graph does not have a title to explain what it is about.
· Data is left out.
· Scale not starting at zero.
· Scale made in very small units to make graph look very big.
· Scale values or labels missing from the graph.
· Incorrect scale placed on the graph.
· Pieces of a pie chart are not the correct sizes.
· Oversized volumes of objects that are too big for the vertical scale differences they represent.
· Size of images used in pictographs being different for the different categories being graphed.
· Graph being a non-standard size or shape.”
Based on the above quotes, along with this week’s assigned readings and Instructor Guidance, compare graphical analysis with quantitative analysis (a technique you explored last week), and discuss why graphical analysis is important in research. Finally, describe guidelines for using graphical tools to present information clearly and effectively.
Part 2: Examples of Graphical Analysis Techniques in Research
Locate an example of a research study that uses graphs and/or tables in its analysis. Explain what this statistical technique allows the researchers to accomplish and/or conclude in the study. Note: Graphic presentations are most often found in the Results section of a study.
The textbook is attached.
· Chapter 2: Describing Data: Frequency Tables, Frequency Distributions, and Graphic Presentation
· Chapter 4: Describing Data: Displaying and Exploring Data
Passy. (2012, March 13). Misleading graphs . Retrieved from http://passyworldofmathematics.com/misleading-graphs/
· This article provides information about graph techniques often used by both advertisers and the media to mislead viewers. It will assist you in your Graphical Analysis Techniques discussion this week.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Paper Helper has assembled a team of highly skilled writers with diverse experience in the online writing circles. Our aim is to become a one stop shop for all your Academic/ online writing. Check out below our amazing service!
At Paper Helper, we prioritize on all aspects that creates a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism, and conformance to guidelines. The principal purpose of essay writing is to present the author's evaluation concerning a singular subject about which they have made. Since Professionalism is the mother of every success, try our team of experienced writers in helping you complete your essays and other assignments.
You have been trying to join that prestigious institution you long yearned for, but the hurdle of an admission essay has become a stumbling block. We have your back, with our proven team that has gained invaluable experience over time, your chance of joining that institution is now! Just let us work on that essay.How do you write an admission essay? How do you begin the essay? For answers, try Quality Custom Writers Now!
Editing and Proofreading
Regardless of whether you're pleased with your composing abilities, it's never an impractical notion to have a second eye go through your work. The best editing services leaves no mistake untouched. We recognize the stuff needed to polish up a writing; as a component of our editing and proofreading, we'll change and refine your write up to guarantee it's amazing, and blunder free. Our group of expert editors will examine your work, giving an impeccable touch of English while ensuring your punctuation and sentence structures are top-notch.
We pride ourselves in having a team of clinical writers. The stringent and rigorous vetting process ensures that only the best persons for job. We hire qualified PhD and MA writers only. We equally offer our team of writers bonuses and incentives to motivate their working spirit in terms of delivering original, unique, and informative content. They are our resources drawn from diverse fields. Therefore your technical paper is in the right hands. Every paper is assessed and only the writers with the technical know-how in that field get to work on it.
College Essay Writing
If all along you have been looking for a trustworthy college essay service provider that provides superb academic papers at reasonable prices, then be glad that you search has ended with us. We are your best choice! Get high-quality college essay writing from our magnificent team of knowledgeable and dedicated writers right now!
Quality Assignment/Homework Help
We give the students premium quality assignments, without alarming them with plagiarism and referencing issues. We ensure that the assignments stick to the rules given by the tutors. We are specific about the deadlines you give us. We assure you that you will get your papers well in advance, knowing that you will review and return it if there are any changes, which should be incorporated.