Match Questions – 4 points each
True or False Questions – 2 points each
51. The economist Warburton contends that the business, professional, and salaried class sustained their average pre-prohibition alcohol consumption levels throughout prohibition.
52. Jellinek’s designation of alcoholism as a “disease” was a new idea.
53. The AA tenet is that alcoholics are “allergic” to alcohol.
54. The disease label may help to remove the stigma associated with alcoholism.
55. Vaillant noted undergoing detoxification as a marker for those early on the continuum of alcohol related problems.
56. The “flushing response” is common among some African populations.
57. Biology is irrelevant to alcoholism.
58. Inpatient treatment programs are the least costly form of alcoholism treatment.
59. Cognitive behavioral therapy seeks to develop the patient’s coping skills.
60. 12-step facilitation identifies and disputes the patient’s irrational belief system.
61. The drug disulfuran (Antabuse) has proven to be of major therapeutic benefit in curing alcoholism.
62. 3.4% of the adult public is currently dependent by DSM-V definition.
63. Prevention of harmful drinking patterns and alcoholism prevention efforts are unimportant today.
64. Beers are fermented from grains before the starch in them is converted to sugar.
65. Distilled spirits contain between 40% and 50% alcohol.
66. A standard drink of beer (12oz.), wine (5 oz.), or distilled spirits (1.5oz.) provides the same dose of alcohol.
67. Surveys tend to overestimate alcohol consumption by a wide margin.
68. The heaviest drinkers account for the bulk of alcohol consumption.
69. The heaviest drinkers are of little consequence to the sales and profitability of the alcohol beverage industry.
70. Blacks are more likely to report drinking than Hispanics or Whites.
71. People with college degrees are less likely to drink.
72. People in the two highest income brackets are more likely to drink than those in the lowest income group.
73. Youths drink more than the elderly.
74. The use of government authority to restrict commerce and choice in the name of enhancing safety is universally accepted and approved in the U.S.
75. The threshold for intervention by government should rightly be lower than the threshold for intervention by employers and friends.
76. The individualistic perspective was suggested by President Kennedy when he stated, “ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.”
77. A negative externality occurs when effects are harmful.
78. Self – Management is a costly and imperfect craft, and some people are better at it than others.
79. The “moral hazard” effect is an intended and desired consequence of harm reduction.
80. The cost of illness (COI) method is generally preferred over the willingness to pay (WTP) by economists for translating injury and death into dollars.
81. Our willingness to pay for enhanced safety for ourselves and loved ones comprises the entire picture since we have no financial stake in the health and safety of strangers.
82. Individual production and consumption are consistent and remain the same over life course.
83. Alcohol is currently under-taxed and in some respects under-regulated.
84. Taxes and other restrictions on alcohol supply are indiscriminate.
85. The array of DUI interventions championed by MADD and other advocacy groups has had no effect on DUI incidence and fatality rates.
86. Alcohol taxes are now too low.
87. Lower alcohol prices are conducive to lower rates of underage drinking.
Essay Questions – 50 points each
Pay attention to the point values for the essay questions as they do vary. The essay questions have a high point value. Be sure to put adequate work into the answer referencing the point value of each question. When answering the essay questions Read, Reflect, Outline, and Write. Do not cut and paste or provide word for word reproduction of the assigned writings. Even if cited word for word reproduction or cut and paste are unacceptable as an examination answer. Provide your personal understanding of these concepts after reviewing the readings material
88. Describe in detail the effects of alcohol and other substance use on intimate partner violence. Detail its prevalence, epidemiology, and critical issues. Explain the various relationships between alcohol/substance use and intimate partner violence. Include an explanation of the association between chronic substance abuse and intimate partner violence as well as its impact.
89. Describe in detail the 6 assessment dimensions of the ASAM patient placement criteria. Discuss their impact on proper placement and treatment planning.
90. Describe Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), its origins, history, and development. Detail the AA program of recovery, philosophy, and how it works.
91. Describe in detail group therapy. Include a discussion of its curative factors, history, and processes. Note the various types of therapy groups and how they work.
92. Describe in detail the Stages of Change denoting each stage and describing the paths and processes associated with this model and each stage.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Paper Helper has assembled a team of highly skilled writers with diverse experience in the online writing circles. Our aim is to become a one stop shop for all your Academic/ online writing. Check out below our amazing service!
At Paper Helper, we prioritize on all aspects that creates a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism, and conformance to guidelines. The principal purpose of essay writing is to present the author's evaluation concerning a singular subject about which they have made. Since Professionalism is the mother of every success, try our team of experienced writers in helping you complete your essays and other assignments.
You have been trying to join that prestigious institution you long yearned for, but the hurdle of an admission essay has become a stumbling block. We have your back, with our proven team that has gained invaluable experience over time, your chance of joining that institution is now! Just let us work on that essay.How do you write an admission essay? How do you begin the essay? For answers, try Quality Custom Writers Now!
Editing and Proofreading
Regardless of whether you're pleased with your composing abilities, it's never an impractical notion to have a second eye go through your work. The best editing services leaves no mistake untouched. We recognize the stuff needed to polish up a writing; as a component of our editing and proofreading, we'll change and refine your write up to guarantee it's amazing, and blunder free. Our group of expert editors will examine your work, giving an impeccable touch of English while ensuring your punctuation and sentence structures are top-notch.
We pride ourselves in having a team of clinical writers. The stringent and rigorous vetting process ensures that only the best persons for job. We hire qualified PhD and MA writers only. We equally offer our team of writers bonuses and incentives to motivate their working spirit in terms of delivering original, unique, and informative content. They are our resources drawn from diverse fields. Therefore your technical paper is in the right hands. Every paper is assessed and only the writers with the technical know-how in that field get to work on it.
College Essay Writing
If all along you have been looking for a trustworthy college essay service provider that provides superb academic papers at reasonable prices, then be glad that you search has ended with us. We are your best choice! Get high-quality college essay writing from our magnificent team of knowledgeable and dedicated writers right now!
Quality Assignment/Homework Help
We give the students premium quality assignments, without alarming them with plagiarism and referencing issues. We ensure that the assignments stick to the rules given by the tutors. We are specific about the deadlines you give us. We assure you that you will get your papers well in advance, knowing that you will review and return it if there are any changes, which should be incorporated.