You must write at least 200 but no more than 300 words for each essay. Each essay is worth 15 points.
I have included a copy of the assignment and the pdf file for the textbook.
1. What is Orientalism? What aspects of colonialism inspired Orientalism? How has it affected art, both in terms of how the subject matter was portrayed by the artist and in the ways the work has been viewed? When discussing how the works are viewed take into consideration how artist wanted their works viewed, how the art was actually viewed when it was created, and finally how we, as modern viewers see it?
2. How important was Napoleon Bonaparte’s use of art as propaganda and censorship in the rise and consolidation of his power? Choose two pieces of art commissioned by Napoleon (does not have to be from chapter 18) that support your argument of his use of art propaganda. List the title, artist, date, and medium of each piece. Refer to each piece at least three times when composing your statements.
3. Define the Protestant Reformation and the Counter Reformation. How did these two movements affect art? Choose one piece during the Reformation and one piece created during the Counter Reformation and compare and contrast the two pieces. Be sure to point out changes in style between the two periods. List the title, artist, date, and medium of each piece if known.
4. Discuss the ways in which the movement toward Realism in art reflected the social and political concerns of the nineteenth century. Choose one piece of art created in the Realism period that supports your argument. List the title, artist, date, and medium. How does this piece reveal the concerns that you mentioned in the first part of the question? Give at least three examples.
5. Compare Neoclassicism and Romanticism as two cultural expressions of mid-eighteenth to mid-nineteenth century Europe. You must discuss the political atmosphere in both periods and how it affected art. Choose one piece of art from the Neoclassical period and one from the Romantic period that support your claim. List the title, artist, date, and medium of each piece. Refer to each of these pieces in at least three instances for this purpose.
6. Neither of these works was meant to be exhibited in a museum case for an art-loving public seeking a cultural experience. Both took on their primary meaning in the process of the performance of a cultural ritual. Discuss the ways in which an understanding of the ritual context of each is necessary if we are to grasp their cultural meanings for those who made them and saw them in use. And finally, how did they end up in museums?
7. The horrific violence of war and political oppression has been eloquently expressed by many artists throughout the history of art. Discuss the political circumstances that led to the creation of these two examples and assess how they relate to the styles of the artists and their time. Who was the audience for these works? Be sure to list artist, medium, and date of each.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Paper Helper has assembled a team of highly skilled writers with diverse experience in the online writing circles. Our aim is to become a one stop shop for all your Academic/ online writing. Check out below our amazing service!
At Paper Helper, we prioritize on all aspects that creates a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism, and conformance to guidelines. The principal purpose of essay writing is to present the author's evaluation concerning a singular subject about which they have made. Since Professionalism is the mother of every success, try our team of experienced writers in helping you complete your essays and other assignments.
You have been trying to join that prestigious institution you long yearned for, but the hurdle of an admission essay has become a stumbling block. We have your back, with our proven team that has gained invaluable experience over time, your chance of joining that institution is now! Just let us work on that essay.How do you write an admission essay? How do you begin the essay? For answers, try Quality Custom Writers Now!
Editing and Proofreading
Regardless of whether you're pleased with your composing abilities, it's never an impractical notion to have a second eye go through your work. The best editing services leaves no mistake untouched. We recognize the stuff needed to polish up a writing; as a component of our editing and proofreading, we'll change and refine your write up to guarantee it's amazing, and blunder free. Our group of expert editors will examine your work, giving an impeccable touch of English while ensuring your punctuation and sentence structures are top-notch.
We pride ourselves in having a team of clinical writers. The stringent and rigorous vetting process ensures that only the best persons for job. We hire qualified PhD and MA writers only. We equally offer our team of writers bonuses and incentives to motivate their working spirit in terms of delivering original, unique, and informative content. They are our resources drawn from diverse fields. Therefore your technical paper is in the right hands. Every paper is assessed and only the writers with the technical know-how in that field get to work on it.
College Essay Writing
If all along you have been looking for a trustworthy college essay service provider that provides superb academic papers at reasonable prices, then be glad that you search has ended with us. We are your best choice! Get high-quality college essay writing from our magnificent team of knowledgeable and dedicated writers right now!
Quality Assignment/Homework Help
We give the students premium quality assignments, without alarming them with plagiarism and referencing issues. We ensure that the assignments stick to the rules given by the tutors. We are specific about the deadlines you give us. We assure you that you will get your papers well in advance, knowing that you will review and return it if there are any changes, which should be incorporated.