Week 4 Essay Exam
Choose one of the following questions and write a 2- to 3-page response:
• George Orwell’s 1984 and Huxley’s Brave New World both implied that humans have become numbers and lose all sense of individuality. In essence, humans become automatons. Orwell and others also envisioned a “…new form of managerial industrialization in which man builds machines which act like men and develops men who act like machines, is conducive to an era of dehumanization and complete alienation, in which men are transformed into things and become appendices to the process of production and consumption.” (From the Afterward of George Orwell’s 1984 by Erich Fromm, page 325) With the continuing advancement in technology, how realistic is Fromm’s assessment? How do you experience this happening? Do you sometimes feel like an automaton?
• Would introducing Conscious Capitalism and the idea of a triple bottom line that includes people, planet, and profits to your company be a hard sell? Why? Identify three objections a CEO might have toward adopting the four core principles of Conscious Capitalism. These form the basis for Mackey and Sisodia in Conscious Capitalism.
• Take the Corporate Culture Ethics Audit on p. 192 of Business Ethics. Congratulations to you if the number of yes responses were greater than the no answers! If, however, the no answers exceeded the yes responses, how does this make you feel about your company? Do you feel there is anything you could do to change that culture? If so, what?
• There are global common values shared across different cultures that are reflected in a variety of religions. Take a look at Buddhism. Is there anything that the U.S. Capitalism system might find useful in the Buddhist perspective that values equanimity, joy, loving-kindness, generosity, compassion, and protection of the environment?
• Let’s assume you are a leader in your company and you aspire to be a visionary leader rather than an autocratic leader. What would be the obvious benefits to being a visionary leader for your company, its employees, its stakeholders and its shareholders? Identify someone you admire that you believe lives and leads as a visionary and describe what it is that she/he has done to earn this designation.
Cite all sources used in your essay response.
Format your essay response consistent with APA guidelines.
Watch the “How Ethical Are You? Take the Ethics Guy’s Quiz on CNN” video [4:11].
Read the following sections of Business Ethics:
• Ch. 5, “Ethical Decision Making”
• Ch. 6, “Individual Factors: Moral Philosophies and Values”
Read the following sections of Conscious Capitalism:
• Ch. 13, ”The Qualities of Conscious Leaders”
• Ch. 14, ”Becoming a Conscious Leader”
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Paper Helper has assembled a team of highly skilled writers with diverse experience in the online writing circles. Our aim is to become a one stop shop for all your Academic/ online writing. Check out below our amazing service!
At Paper Helper, we prioritize on all aspects that creates a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism, and conformance to guidelines. The principal purpose of essay writing is to present the author's evaluation concerning a singular subject about which they have made. Since Professionalism is the mother of every success, try our team of experienced writers in helping you complete your essays and other assignments.
You have been trying to join that prestigious institution you long yearned for, but the hurdle of an admission essay has become a stumbling block. We have your back, with our proven team that has gained invaluable experience over time, your chance of joining that institution is now! Just let us work on that essay.How do you write an admission essay? How do you begin the essay? For answers, try Quality Custom Writers Now!
Editing and Proofreading
Regardless of whether you're pleased with your composing abilities, it's never an impractical notion to have a second eye go through your work. The best editing services leaves no mistake untouched. We recognize the stuff needed to polish up a writing; as a component of our editing and proofreading, we'll change and refine your write up to guarantee it's amazing, and blunder free. Our group of expert editors will examine your work, giving an impeccable touch of English while ensuring your punctuation and sentence structures are top-notch.
We pride ourselves in having a team of clinical writers. The stringent and rigorous vetting process ensures that only the best persons for job. We hire qualified PhD and MA writers only. We equally offer our team of writers bonuses and incentives to motivate their working spirit in terms of delivering original, unique, and informative content. They are our resources drawn from diverse fields. Therefore your technical paper is in the right hands. Every paper is assessed and only the writers with the technical know-how in that field get to work on it.
College Essay Writing
If all along you have been looking for a trustworthy college essay service provider that provides superb academic papers at reasonable prices, then be glad that you search has ended with us. We are your best choice! Get high-quality college essay writing from our magnificent team of knowledgeable and dedicated writers right now!
Quality Assignment/Homework Help
We give the students premium quality assignments, without alarming them with plagiarism and referencing issues. We ensure that the assignments stick to the rules given by the tutors. We are specific about the deadlines you give us. We assure you that you will get your papers well in advance, knowing that you will review and return it if there are any changes, which should be incorporated.