The questions below are to be used as the framework for responding to at least one of your classmate’s posting. That is, select a posting you wish to respond to then evaluate the work and answer the following questions. Be sure to address the questions to your classmate and make it relevant to his/her work. You are required to provide a minimum of (5) five sentences for each question (#1 – #8) posted below and to respond to at least to one of your classmates. Let’s have some fun with this while providing critical and relevant policy discussions and remember to respect all viewpoints.
1) What is your classmate presenting as his/her main idea/purpose? Explain your analysis/answer in five (5) or more sentences.
2) What question is your classmate attempting to answer? Provide at least 4 alternate questions for the author.
3) What information does your classmate provide as a basis for arriving at his/her own conclusion? Explain your analysis/answer in five (5) or more sentences.
4) What are the main conclusions or inferences made by your classmate? Explain your analysis/answer in five (5) or more sentences.
5) What are the main ideas that guide your classmate’s thinking? Explain your analysis/answer in five (5) or more sentences.
6) What does your classmate take for granted? Explain your analysis/answer in five (5) or more sentences.
7) What is your classmate’s perspective and how is s/he seeing it? Explain your analysis/answer in five (5) or more sentences.
8) If your classmate is correct (or insightful), what are some implications we should recognize? Explain your analysis/answer in five (5) or more sentences.
Here is the classmates reply:
“1) State as accurately as possible the video’s purpose for presenting this information. Explain your analysis/answer in five (5) or more sentences.
This video represented the idea of gun-control in USA. The use of gun has greatly increased in various parts of States and has negatively affected a large number of people, especially children. Shooting initiated by students, or in a school had become much more common and the most surprising part was that the victims were 5-10 years old students. Therefore, this video addresses the actions taken in the favor and against of guns, by the government and NRA.
2) What is the video attempting to convey and from what perspective is it presenting the information? Provide your analysis/answer in five (5) or more sentences.
The frequent use of guns has to be restricted in order to build a safe place for public. This video conveys that the use of guns leads to wrong idea for people living in States. For example, in Washington, an envoy of NRA suggests in a conference that in order to be not afraid of guns, it is better to carry one ourselves. This doesn’t promote peace, rather it promotes much more violence. The government on the other hand wants to ensure that no assaulted weapons should be used by people and proper background checks must be done.
3) What key question can you develop from the content presented in the article? Provide your question and then your analysis/answer in five (5) or more sentences.
According to me, the key question here is that why is NRA in the favor of promoting the use of guns to this extent? It’s been clear from the past incidents in Columbine and Newtown that the use of guns has affected little, innocent children. Yet, this association is determined to promote the use of guns. Furthermore, why is the government not taking any STRICT action towards this? As a president, his first responsibility should be to deal with the current matter. Despite a strong government and 2nd amendment, strict measures could not be taken against the use of guns.
4) What are the most important ideas you would have to understand in order to understand the video’s line of reasoning? Provide your analysis/answer in five (5) or more sentences.
The moto of NRA is the most important aspect which needs to be understood in order to understand this video’s line of reasoning. We do know that NRA is the most democratic and influential group. Thus, the government of USA has to deal with NRA in the same manner. However, the banning of assault-style guns and the assault weapons, and the background checks at gun stores might be of little help in dealing with this problem.
5) What is the video failing to address (what might be questioned)? Provide your analysis/answer in five (5) or more sentences.
This video pretty much covers every aspect of the topic highlighted in this video. However, I think more focus should be given on the attempts made by government regarding the shooting incidents. The shooting at Columbine and Newtown is considered as a serious incident because children were involved, young, little, innocent children. Killing young children is a crime. Thus, this video failed to shed light on the role of government in making attempts to secure the teaching institutions.
6) What consequences are likely to follow if people take the video’s line of reasoning seriously? Provide your analysis/answer in five (5) or more sentences.
If people follow the suggestion given by the envoy of NRA, then the use of guns will increase. This will lead to an unsafe environment for public. We cannot guarantee peace with the use of guns. If people agree with NRA and their policies, they’ll probably be digging a well for themselves. This is because the safety and security of public is the responsibility of government, as government has made the issue of guns as part of their constitution. NRA on the other hand, is exploiting every measure taken by government and manipulating public in keeping guns. I agree that the public should take some security measures on their ends, but keeping a gun means encouraging NRA and other shooting incidents and none of us want that.
7) What consequences are likely to follow if people ignore the video’s reasoning? Provide your analysis/answer in five (5) or more sentences.
It was made pretty clear at the end of this video that “The NRA will not go quietly into the night. We will fight.” Thus, if people ignore this video’s message, then it’ll get messy. NRA will not stay quiet and this might further lead to other shooting incidents and terrorist attacks with the use of guns.
8) Identify the key conclusions the video comes to and presents? Provide your analysis/answer in five (5) or more sentences.
This video concludes that NRA will come back to fight and are determined for their position. They are against the banning of guns and government. NRA is considered as the most effective group, but the defeat was not considered as a permanent end for NRA.
9) What facts, experiences, or data is the video using to support its conclusions? Provide your analysis/answer in five (5) or more sentences.
This video presents the interview of envoys from National Rifle Association and Gun Owners of America. The opinion of Barack Obama and Bush in response to the shooting incidents in Columbine and Newtown is also included in this video. The parents of children who studied in the school where the shooting incident took place, were also interviewed. Newscaster and New York times reports were also included in the video. All these interviews shed light on the role of government and NRA and the increasing number of incidents in USA.”
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Paper Helper has assembled a team of highly skilled writers with diverse experience in the online writing circles. Our aim is to become a one stop shop for all your Academic/ online writing. Check out below our amazing service!
At Paper Helper, we prioritize on all aspects that creates a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism, and conformance to guidelines. The principal purpose of essay writing is to present the author's evaluation concerning a singular subject about which they have made. Since Professionalism is the mother of every success, try our team of experienced writers in helping you complete your essays and other assignments.
You have been trying to join that prestigious institution you long yearned for, but the hurdle of an admission essay has become a stumbling block. We have your back, with our proven team that has gained invaluable experience over time, your chance of joining that institution is now! Just let us work on that essay.How do you write an admission essay? How do you begin the essay? For answers, try Quality Custom Writers Now!
Editing and Proofreading
Regardless of whether you're pleased with your composing abilities, it's never an impractical notion to have a second eye go through your work. The best editing services leaves no mistake untouched. We recognize the stuff needed to polish up a writing; as a component of our editing and proofreading, we'll change and refine your write up to guarantee it's amazing, and blunder free. Our group of expert editors will examine your work, giving an impeccable touch of English while ensuring your punctuation and sentence structures are top-notch.
We pride ourselves in having a team of clinical writers. The stringent and rigorous vetting process ensures that only the best persons for job. We hire qualified PhD and MA writers only. We equally offer our team of writers bonuses and incentives to motivate their working spirit in terms of delivering original, unique, and informative content. They are our resources drawn from diverse fields. Therefore your technical paper is in the right hands. Every paper is assessed and only the writers with the technical know-how in that field get to work on it.
College Essay Writing
If all along you have been looking for a trustworthy college essay service provider that provides superb academic papers at reasonable prices, then be glad that you search has ended with us. We are your best choice! Get high-quality college essay writing from our magnificent team of knowledgeable and dedicated writers right now!
Quality Assignment/Homework Help
We give the students premium quality assignments, without alarming them with plagiarism and referencing issues. We ensure that the assignments stick to the rules given by the tutors. We are specific about the deadlines you give us. We assure you that you will get your papers well in advance, knowing that you will review and return it if there are any changes, which should be incorporated.