The following misstatements are sometimes found in the sales and collection cycle’s account balances:
1. The accounts receivable trial balance total does not equal the amount in the general ledger.
2. Several accounts receivable in the accounts receivable master file are not included in the aged trial balance.
3. One account receivable in the accounts receivable master file is included on the aged trial balance twice.
4. A shipment made in the subsequent period is recorded as a current period sale.
5. The allowance for uncollectible accounts is inadequate because of the client’s failure to reflect depressed economic conditions in the allowance.
6. Several accounts receivable are in dispute as a result of claims of defective merchandise.
7. The pledging of accounts receivable to the bank for a loan is not disclosed in the financial statements.
8. Goods shipped and included in the current period sales were returned in the subsequent period.
9. Long-term interest-bearing notes receivable from affiliated companies are included in accounts receivable.
a. For each misstatement, identify the balance-related audit objective to which it pertains.
b. For each misstatement, list an internal control that should prevent it.
c. For each misstatement, list one test of details of balances audit procedure that the auditor can use to detect it.
a. In each of the following independent problems, design an unbiased random sampling plan, using an electronic spreadsheet or a random number generator program. The plan should include defining the sampling unit and establishing a numbering system for the population. After the plan has been designed, select the sample using the computer. Assume that the sample size is 75 for each of (1) through (4).
(1) Prenumbered sales invoices in a sales journal where the lowest invoice number is 1 and the highest is 8274.
(2) Prenumbered bills of lading where the lowest document number is 18221 and the highest is 29427.
(3) Accounts receivable on 20 pages with 50 lines per page except the last page, which has only 29 full lines. Each line has a customer name and an amount receivable.
(4) Prenumbered invoices in a sales journal where each month starts over with number 1. (Invoices for each month are designated by the month and document number.) There is a maximum of 25 pages per month with a total of 215 pages for the year. All pages have 100 invoices except for the last page for each month.
b. Using systematic sampling, select the first five sample items for populations (1) through (3) from part a, using the random starting points shown. Recall that the sample size is 75 in each case.
(1) Invoice #39
(2) Bill of lading #18259
(3) Page 1, line #11
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Paper Helper has assembled a team of highly skilled writers with diverse experience in the online writing circles. Our aim is to become a one stop shop for all your Academic/ online writing. Check out below our amazing service!
At Paper Helper, we prioritize on all aspects that creates a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism, and conformance to guidelines. The principal purpose of essay writing is to present the author's evaluation concerning a singular subject about which they have made. Since Professionalism is the mother of every success, try our team of experienced writers in helping you complete your essays and other assignments.
You have been trying to join that prestigious institution you long yearned for, but the hurdle of an admission essay has become a stumbling block. We have your back, with our proven team that has gained invaluable experience over time, your chance of joining that institution is now! Just let us work on that essay.How do you write an admission essay? How do you begin the essay? For answers, try Quality Custom Writers Now!
Editing and Proofreading
Regardless of whether you're pleased with your composing abilities, it's never an impractical notion to have a second eye go through your work. The best editing services leaves no mistake untouched. We recognize the stuff needed to polish up a writing; as a component of our editing and proofreading, we'll change and refine your write up to guarantee it's amazing, and blunder free. Our group of expert editors will examine your work, giving an impeccable touch of English while ensuring your punctuation and sentence structures are top-notch.
We pride ourselves in having a team of clinical writers. The stringent and rigorous vetting process ensures that only the best persons for job. We hire qualified PhD and MA writers only. We equally offer our team of writers bonuses and incentives to motivate their working spirit in terms of delivering original, unique, and informative content. They are our resources drawn from diverse fields. Therefore your technical paper is in the right hands. Every paper is assessed and only the writers with the technical know-how in that field get to work on it.
College Essay Writing
If all along you have been looking for a trustworthy college essay service provider that provides superb academic papers at reasonable prices, then be glad that you search has ended with us. We are your best choice! Get high-quality college essay writing from our magnificent team of knowledgeable and dedicated writers right now!
Quality Assignment/Homework Help
We give the students premium quality assignments, without alarming them with plagiarism and referencing issues. We ensure that the assignments stick to the rules given by the tutors. We are specific about the deadlines you give us. We assure you that you will get your papers well in advance, knowing that you will review and return it if there are any changes, which should be incorporated.