The Final Exam consists of eight (8) Essay questions. Use the reading assignments thoroughly in an integrative discussion of your own understanding of the questions posed. Remember to reference all work cited or quoted by the text author. You should be doing this often in your responses. If you use outside resources, they should support the text information, but not replace the text.
All discussions must take into account the legal and ethical considerations, as well as issues of culture and human diversity that may pertain to the questions below. Legal and Ethical information is in Chapter 16 of the course text. Cultural information is covered throughout the course text and DSM 5. You may use alternative cultural resources to enhance your work.
Your response to each question should be approx. 1 page per question.
Your total assignment should be 8-9 pages plus a title and reference page.
Due Week 8
1. What is meant by the notion that mental illness is a social construction? How does cross-cultural research suggest that psychopathology is universal rather than a social construction?
2. It is widely recognized that people with autism spectrum disorder display deficits in communication and social behavior. It is perhaps less often noted that in some areas, their abilities may surpass those of people without autism spectrum disorder. What is your understanding if this theory? How do the enhanced abilities of those with autism spectrum disorder lend credence to an evolutionary approach to psychopathology?
3. Phrases such as “broken hearts” and “hurt feelings” liken emotional pain to physical pain. To what extent is the metaphor implied in these phrases supported neuroscientifically?
4. The role of trauma and the experience of unusual states of awareness or identity in the dissociative disorders have led psychologists to explore the relationship between dissociation and post-traumatic stress, on the one hand, and hypnosis, on the other. Briefly summarize the results of this research.
5. Discuss some of the reasons why the treatment of substance-related and addictive disorders is especially challenging. Addiction to methamphetamine is particularly difficult to treat. Review some of the cognitive deficits seen in methamphetamine addiction and explain how these deficits complicate efforts to treat the addiction.
6. Outline the neurodevelopmental hypothesis of the etiology of schizophrenia. In what way does schizophrenia represent a paradox from an evolutionary standpoint?
7. Discuss the evidence for genetic and environmental contributions to personality disorders. Identify the specific experiences that seem to underlie personality disorders. Which personality disorder seems the most genetic?
8. Highlight the beneficial effects of physical exercise not only on preventing cognitive impairment among older adults without neurocognitive disorders but also on reversing decline among those with mild neurocognitive impairment.
Analyze the physical, cognitive, social and personality aspects of abnormal psychology and implications across the life span
Examine the major diagnostic domains and specific criteria associated with DSM-5 disorders.
Evaluate legal and ethical issues in mental health treatment
Develop an awareness of diversity and cross-cultural perspectives in abnormal psychology.
Explore available treatment and interdisciplinary services for community members experiencing mental health disorders.
Identify the barriers associated with seeking and receiving therapeutic services.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Paper Helper has assembled a team of highly skilled writers with diverse experience in the online writing circles. Our aim is to become a one stop shop for all your Academic/ online writing. Check out below our amazing service!
At Paper Helper, we prioritize on all aspects that creates a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism, and conformance to guidelines. The principal purpose of essay writing is to present the author's evaluation concerning a singular subject about which they have made. Since Professionalism is the mother of every success, try our team of experienced writers in helping you complete your essays and other assignments.
You have been trying to join that prestigious institution you long yearned for, but the hurdle of an admission essay has become a stumbling block. We have your back, with our proven team that has gained invaluable experience over time, your chance of joining that institution is now! Just let us work on that essay.How do you write an admission essay? How do you begin the essay? For answers, try Quality Custom Writers Now!
Editing and Proofreading
Regardless of whether you're pleased with your composing abilities, it's never an impractical notion to have a second eye go through your work. The best editing services leaves no mistake untouched. We recognize the stuff needed to polish up a writing; as a component of our editing and proofreading, we'll change and refine your write up to guarantee it's amazing, and blunder free. Our group of expert editors will examine your work, giving an impeccable touch of English while ensuring your punctuation and sentence structures are top-notch.
We pride ourselves in having a team of clinical writers. The stringent and rigorous vetting process ensures that only the best persons for job. We hire qualified PhD and MA writers only. We equally offer our team of writers bonuses and incentives to motivate their working spirit in terms of delivering original, unique, and informative content. They are our resources drawn from diverse fields. Therefore your technical paper is in the right hands. Every paper is assessed and only the writers with the technical know-how in that field get to work on it.
College Essay Writing
If all along you have been looking for a trustworthy college essay service provider that provides superb academic papers at reasonable prices, then be glad that you search has ended with us. We are your best choice! Get high-quality college essay writing from our magnificent team of knowledgeable and dedicated writers right now!
Quality Assignment/Homework Help
We give the students premium quality assignments, without alarming them with plagiarism and referencing issues. We ensure that the assignments stick to the rules given by the tutors. We are specific about the deadlines you give us. We assure you that you will get your papers well in advance, knowing that you will review and return it if there are any changes, which should be incorporated.